This statement sets out how we use and protect any personal information that you give us when you use the online service including this website. If you have any questions about this statement or do not agree with it, please contact our customer services department at Vanquis Customer Services, PO Box 399, Chatham, ME4 4WQ or on 0330 099 3000 before using this website. Please note that calls to 03 numbers are generally included in the ‘free standard rate minutes’ of landline and mobile packages; please check your plan. Otherwise calls to 03 numbers are charged at your standard rate, which is 9p per minute from a BT landline. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary. Full details are available when you apply and in the Vanquis Visa Card terms and conditions.
We may change this statement from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. “We/our/us” refer to Vanquis Bank Limited. Vanquis Bank Limited registered office: No. 1 Godwin Street, Bradford, BD1 2SU. Registered number 02558509 England. Vanquis Bank Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 221156). Vanquis Bank Limited is a member of the Provident Financial Group (the Group). The Group is a financial services group specialising in the provision of short to medium term retail consumer loans.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy and will respect your personal information.
- We will work with our suppliers to ensure that your data is protected.
- We follow strict security procedures set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 in respect of the storage and disclosure of information given by you via our website.
What information do we collect?
In general, you can use this website without giving us any information. However, additional products and services may be available to you if we have certain information about you.
To do this we may collect your name, contact information and personal details.
What do we do with the information we collect?
We use this information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following:
- to process and assess your application made for the credit card and/ or other financial services;
- to review your account for credit assessment purposes and to assess your credit limit, interest rate and other charges we should apply to your account;
- to manage your account;
- to send you details of products and services we believe you may be interested in;
- to provide answers to your questions asked via the website;
- for internal record keeping;
- to third parties that help analyse the website in order to provide a better service to our customers;
- to carry out training and testing;
- to help prevent crime, fraud and terrorism; and/ or
- to improve the content of our website and products.
We may contact you by mail, email, phone, fax and/or messaging service (SMS).
Managing your Account and Processing Your Application
We will process, by computer or otherwise, personal information about you whilst we are assessing your application and/or managing your account.
We may search your credit record at credit reference agencies in relation to your application or for managing your account, and they will supply us with credit and/or identification information. Details of our search will be added to their records whether or not your application is successful. Credit and identification information about you and those with whom you are financially linked, which is provided to us and credit reference agencies, may be used by us and other companies to make credit decisions about you and other members of your household. Any of this information may also be used for identification purposes, debt tracing and prevention of money laundering, as well as the management of your Account.
When assessing your application, we may use credit scoring or other automated decision making facilities. We will, on a regular monthly basis, provide details of the performance of your account to credit reference agencies. This information may be used by other companies to make decisions about credit and credit-related services for you and other members of your household.
We may use your information for behavioural scoring and market and product analysis and generally to learn from the way you use and manage your account, including from your transactions and from the payments made to your account. What we learn about how you use your account and from information we receive from credit reference agencies may be used to determine the margin rate we apply to your account from time to time.
If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities;
- managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities;
- recovering debt;
- checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance; or
- checking details of job applicants and employees.
Please contact us at Vanquis Card, Department DF, P.O. Box 408, Chatham, ME4 4WZ if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies. We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
If you were introduced to us by a third party, we may give them your contact details and sufficient information about you for their own business and statistical analysis. This may include specific information about whether we declined or approved your application and how you use and manage your Account.
If you require details of the Group companies or the credit reference agencies we use, please contact us at Vanquis Card, Department DF, P.O. Box 408, Chatham, ME4 4WZ. You have a legal right to these details.
We may contact you by post, telephone, automated dialling, email or mobile text and/or voice messaging service about products or services relating to your Account or application.
Sharing Your Information
- To any person to whom we transfer our rights or obligations under the agreement;
- if we are compelled to do so by law and for fraud prevention purposes;
- to our agents, processors and sub contractors;
- to any of our approved suppliers;
- to licensed credit reference agencies to help us and others make credit decisions;
- to third parties to enable them to provide details of products or services you may be interested in with your consent;
- to Group to enable it to provide details of products or services you may be interested in with your consent; and/or
- within Vanquis Bank.
We will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties other than potential purchasers of our business without your permission unless this is necessary for the reasons set out in the “What we do with the information we collect” section or where we are required to do so by law. We may release your personal information to our authorised direct marketing or other agents unless you tell us that you do not wish this to happen.
How to Get Copies of or Amend the Information We have Collected
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 if you apply in writing. You are also entitled to request that any inaccurate information be amended or deleted. You have a legal right to this information. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Vanquis Customer Services, PO Box 399, Chatham, ME4 4WQ.
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us. We will correct or update any information as soon as possible.
Information We Collect
We may gather the following types of information about our online service users:
- personal information, provided voluntarily when you complete an application form, manage your account, or request for service; and
- aggregated information collected by our web server or third party systems we subscribe to for site traffic information.
Our web server collects the following types of information:
- the number and location of site visitors (gathered via IP address logs),
- the date and time of visits;
- the number of pages viewed;
- technical information on browser connections,
- traffic patterns; and/ or
- audit logs of all activity.
In normal circumstances, this is anonymous statistical data and no attempt is made to identify users or their individual browsing activities. We use this aggregate data to evaluate our website performance and measure the interest in various areas of our site.
In the event of a fraud, dispute, or other extraordinary circumstances, audit logs of online service activity, and IP address information may be analysed for troubleshooting purposes. If we come across a suspicious looking transaction, we will investigate it to ensure there is no breach of security. Occasionally, this may involve one of our staff members contacting you to verify a transaction.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You should be aware of the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the internet. You do not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
See the ‘Card Security’ section, http://www.vanquis.co.uk/hints-and-tips/card-security/, on our website for more information about helping you keep your Vanquis Card secure from fraud.
If you are a registered customer for the online service, we may use your email address to advise you of any upgrades or changes to this service, and if necessary to contact you with important information about any accounts or services you have with us that require your urgent attention.
From time to time, we may also use your email address to send promotional messages, surveys, special offers or information about product and services from Vanquis that are relevant to you. If you no longer wish to receive these emails then you can indicate this by contacting us in writing at Vanquis Customer Service, PO Box 399, Chatham, ME4 4WQ or calling us on 0330 099 3000. Lines are open between 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5.30pm on Saturday. Calls to 03 numbers are generally included in the ‘free standard rate minutes’ of landline and mobile packages; please check your plan. Otherwise calls to 03 numbers are charged at your standard rate, which is 9p per minute from a BT landline. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary.
We may link to other websites which are not within our control. Once you have left our website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
© Copyright Vanquis Bank Limited 2015